I recently called my assistant on the phone about something work related, and she told me that she had been stung by a bee earlier that day, and was in a lot of pain. Apparently, she had been out in her yard gardening when a bee flew up from behind her, and stung her on the back of her neck. She was having a hard time focusing on her work and she also felt sick to her stomach.
I asked her if I could try doing a little bit of Dynamic Spin Release™ or NLP with her on the phone, and she agreed to let me work with her. The first thing I asked her to do was some Eye Movement Integration with herself.
Eye Movement Integration (EMI) is a powerful change process that utilizes simple eye movement techniques to help a person release or greatly reduce their negative thoughts patterns and physical pain. EMI can also help with mild trauma (including phobias and less serious accidents) known as Type 1 trauma.
After doing some Eye Movement Integration with my assistant, she said her stomach felt better, but the pain from the bee sting was still in her neck. So she agreed to let me do Dynamic Spin Release™ to help her eliminate the pain from the bee sting.
I then told her to imagine pulling all the pain out of her neck, and to place it out front of her, so that she could see it floating in space. As soon as she could see the image of the pain, I asked her what it looked like. She said that it looked like a ball of red and black energy, and that it was vibrating. I asked her which way the image was spinning, and she said that it was turning in a clockwise direction.
I told her that was great that she could see which way the image was turning, and I continued to say, “Now, go ahead and spin the image of the pain counterclockwise as fast as you can, until it explodes into a bunch of little particles floating in space. As soon as this happens, you’ll see a big cosmic vacuum come in and suck away all the particles… and a symbolic gift will instantly appear where the particles were. Now tell me, what kind of a gift do you see in front of you?” I asked.
“A flower, I see a flower. Actually, it’s lavender– which is really healing and soothing for me. I really like my gift!” she said.
Since she liked her gift so much, I asked her to reach her hands out in front of her, and visualize the lavender floating into her palms. As soon as the image of the healing flower was in her hands, I asked her to bring her hands up to her neck where the sting occurred… and to let the healing properties of the lavender flow through the sting, through her neck, throughout her entire body, through every cell, through her DNA, and through her energetic being.
“Wow! The pain is gone, the pain is gone,” she said with delight. “I can’t believe how fast that worked; I don’t feel the pain anymore. It’s completely gone!”
The above process is one of many Dynamic Spin Release™ techniques that I’ve co-developed with Tim Hallbom. Here is a detailed description of the 8-step process, and how to do it with yourself or others:
Discovering the Gift™ (A DSR process for dealing with negative thinking and emotions, and physical pain.)
1) Identify an unpleasant thought, feeling, emotion or physical symptom that keeps you from having what you want.
2) Notice the physical sensations and/or visual images associated with the problem or issue. Determine whether it is located inside of you, or outside of you.
3) Pull the problem issue away from you, and see it floating out in front of you in the form of a symbol or image.
4) Determine which way the image is spinning. Is it spinning clockwise or counterclockwise? If it appears motionless then ask, “If it was spinning, which direction would it be spinning in?”
5) Reverse the direction of the spin, and get it going faster and faster until it disappears, and a new healing image, symbol or gift appears, where the old image was.
6) Identify the positive message from the new gift.
7) Bring the gift back into your body and notice your new feelings and understandings.
8) Now consider your goal and/or desired state. The pathway to achieving it should be easier.
1. Eye Movement Integration (EMI) is a brief therapy technique that is effective in treating phobias, physical pain, post-traumatic stress, anxiety and negative thought patterns. EMI helps the mind to integrate different brain processing modes (visual, auditory, kinesthetic) in a way that can provide clarification and resolution for a wide range of symptoms and problems. EMI also supports and encourages the client to find the answers within and to utilize their internal resources for creating positive change and healing. EMI is one of the many developments in Neurolinguistic Programming, and is modeled after the work of Steve and Connirae Andreas, Tim Hallbom and Robert Dilts.
2. Dynamic Spin Release and the Energy of Your Mind by Kris Hallbom, (Burlingame, CA 2008)
3. Eye Movement Integration Therapy: The Comprehensive Clinical Guide by Danie Beulieu, Crown House Publishing Ltd, 2003.
Kristine Hallbom is the co-founder of the NLP Coaching Institute of California and is a principle author and developer of Dynamic Spin Release™ and the WealthyMind™ Program. Recognized for her ability to translate complex ideas into practical skills, and for her warm, approachable style, Kris has trained and coached clients throughout Europe, Australia, Russia, Japan, Mexico, Canada and the USA.
She is also the co-author of the book, Powerful Questions and Techniques for Coaches and Therapists, and has published numerous articles on wealth consciousness, NLP Coaching and systems thinking for a variety of psychology journals and magazines.
Kris can be reached through her website at: https://www.krishallbom.com
© 2020 Kristine Hallbom